We're taking reservations again
Nicawaves took the decision to close our doors mid-March for the health and safety of our employees and guests. We are pleased to announce that we are now making new reservations for June and beyond. We are also actively rescheduling new dates for surf packages that had to be cancelled for March, April, and May. Please reach out to make sure you will get your desired dates.
covid-19 in nicaragua
Fortunately, lack of international travel and preventative measures have resulted in very few cases of COVID-19 in Nicaragua, the lowest in all of Central America. If you have stayed with us before, you know that we have an isolated location and hot climate. There have been no confirmed cases in our area. Most people responsibly imposed self-quarantine in April, although there were no official restrictions.
The U.S. Embassy in Nicaragua has released the following dates for resumption of airline service to Nicaragua:
- Aeromexico service suspended until June 01, 2020
- United Airlines service suspended until June 04, 2020
- Avianca Airlines service suspended until June 04, 2020
- Delta Airlines service suspended until June 13, 2020
- American Airlines service suspended until June 04, 2020
- Copa Airlines service suspended until June 01, 2020
- Spirit Airlines service suspended until July 05, 2020
new cancellation Policy
Naturally, you may have questions regarding date changes, cancellations, deposit refunds, etc. when planning your surf trip. In light of the situation, we have modified our policy.
- Deposits for a new surf trip are $150 rather than the regular $250
- There is no penalty for changing your surf trip dates until June 2020.
- We will issue a 100% refund if a cancellation is necessary, no questions asked.
- You have the option to use your deposit toward a future surf trip if you must cancel or change dates.
prime surf season is upon us
We kicked off our surf season strong in April, and this year has already been above average with consistent long-period southern swells. This weeked we will see our biggest swell of the year, solid double overhead followed by a similar-sized swell a few days later. Here are photos and video shot by our in-house photographer Mike for you to enjoy.